Thursday, August 20, 2015

In Susie's Kitchen: Cheesy Salsa Verde Sausage Pasta


At this point I think you all understand what a fan I am of simple meals that I can conquer in under 30 minutes. It's very rare that I have time to cook an extravagant meal when I'm having to rush to the grocery store after work to get all my ingredients and try to have everything on the table before Rafael gets off work. So here's another 30-minute wonder!
I originally found a similar recipe with chicken, but I chose to do sausage because it's easier and cheaper!

Serves 2-3.
Ingredients:

  • 1/2 lb. smoked sausage
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 cup pepper jack cheese
  • 3/4 cup salsa verde (If you use a mild/med this will not be spicy at all)
  • 1 cup penne pasta
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • Salt & pepper (to taste)
  • Cilantro for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  • Add the olive oil and sliced sausage to a medium skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside when cooked.
  • While the sausage is cooking, in a medium pot, add the whipping cream, salsa, chicken broth, and pasta. Mix together and then bring to a boil. Once it is at a boil, lower the temperature to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes or until the pasta is soft.
  • Once the pasta mixture is cooked, remove from heat and add sausage, cheese, and if desired, add cilantro for garnish.
And with those three simple steps, you are done! Quick & easy.
Make sure to let me know if you try it and how you like it! I liked it so much when I made it for myself on Tuesday night that I ate my leftovers for lunch the next day at work and had to make a second batch for Rafael on Wednesday night! 






3 comments:

  1. Love pasta! This looks great!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quality of your blogs and conjointly the articles and price appreciating. ianshoes.net

    ReplyDelete